Today we celebrated the start of a new season in our life....the mobile clinics (and Mark traveling more than one third of the time!) are over for the year, the monsoon season is coming to a close, a hint of Fall is in the air. We kept Sara and Caleb home from school and headed out to a village a half an hour further up on the mountain to make the most of a beautiful day. While Mark and the kids enjoyed some lunch I went on a glorious bike ride. You can't smell the sun drenched pine, hear the flirting hoopoes, taste the fermenting apricots scattered on the road, or feel rushing wind spray your face with grit, but I think you'll enjoy the scenery.
In this quiet I can hear vehicles from quite a ways off and I was glad that there was a convenient pull off for me when this bus came my way. It certainly took up the whole road space...and a little more
This late summer GREEN is incredible. My camera doesn't do it justice. The dull fields of grass, the bright fields of cabbages, shiny green of apple trees, emerald green of plum tree leaves, deep green of pine. Hard to believe this same hillside will soon be golden, then beige, then white, and inaccessible for a few months of winter (this road is blocked with snow during winter).
.
This young man and his grandpa are on their way to their apple orchards. He is wearing a blue basket on his back to carry some back home.
Then I met up with Mark and the kids and he went on a ride while the kids and I explored in the woods a bit. The bottom picture is a cedar cone from a Deodar tree. The cone looks like a rose!
After a stressful August, this day was such a gift of grace to our family!